Monday, April 7, 2014

Giraffe Segmentation

I have been reading some of the post on the Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts site and I will concede that this is a segmentation project.  So here is how the giraffe went.


This actually went similar to the elephant.  I followed the same process for cutting and sanding.  It was a little more difficult because there are some small pieces.  I also used a wood carving gouge to cut the mouth.  As I suggested before I made the frame first.  After this I used Mod Podge to put the background paper on the backer board and then glued the finished frame to the backer board and clamped it down and let the glue dry for a day.  Then I fit the rest of the pieced into the frame.  I started with the right hand leaf first.  (As you can see I used some scrapbook paper on the leaves also.)  Then I added the pieces of the mane that fit in the leaf and then the giraffe head fit against the leaf and the bottom of the frame.  From there I just glued everything else in place.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  Gluing the frame together was still sort of a pain so now I want to invest in a picture frame clamp.  I found a couple of good ones on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment